Farm Fresh Rhode Island is a nonprofit with a mission to grow a local food system that values the environment, health and quality of life of RI farmers and eaters. Our vision is a New England abundant with diverse family farms and fertile soils, with locally and honestly produced foods and flavors at the heart of every dinner table. Farm Fresh operates a wide range of marketplace programs (retail, wholesale, processing) that engage and connect tens of thousands of RI, MA and CT eaters with thousands of RI, MA and CT farmers. Since its founding in 2004, has grown briskly to capture the public interest in locally grown food and translate it into sales for RI farmers and producers. Strongly mission-driven, Farm Fresh has implemented a variety of programs to enhance the local food system in our region, with particular attention to farm viability and low-income access to fresh food. Our office and Packhouse are currently housed in the Hope Artiste Village in Pawtucket, RI, but will soon put down roots in the Valley Neighborhood of Providence.
The Customer Communications & Engagement Internship is a 10-20 hours/week internship working closely with the Communications Director and Food System Enterprise staff to improve processes for engaging, supporting, and thanking local wholesale customers, with an avenue and tools to promote their local sourcing successes.
· Develop customer surveys and interview customers on how we can best support their needs
· Identify customers who already have strong models of talking about their work with us and supporting local food and analyze strengths and weaknesses
· Research and recommend improvements for customers to strengthen their local sourcing promotional abilities
· Develop toolkit of materials for local food customers to help them talk about their local sourcing successes and become greater ambassadors of talking about their work with Farm Fresh RI
· Create printed materials for toolkit following Farm Fresh RI style guide
· Support and create publicity strategies that feature and showcase our customers and producers
· Additional administrative activities as directed by Communications Director and Food System Enterprise Team
· Excellent professional communication skills (written and verbal)
· Ability to think critically and make recommendations about communications processes and models of engagement with customers
· Great attention to detail
· Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously in a vibrant work environment
· Design thinking skills are a plus
· Familiarity with creating branded materials following a style guide is a plus
Availability and Hours
· Flexible hours 10-20 hours per week depending on applicant's interest
· Flexible start and end dates
· Shifts available 5 days a week
To apply, or with any questions about the position, please contact email@example.com. Please write “Customer Communications & Engagement Internship” in the subject line and attach a resume and a letter of interest.
0 Positions Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours