The application period has ended or been marked as full. If you attended, let the organizer know by recording your Impact!
|Registration||Opens Jan 15, 2020 4:00pm|
|Registration Closes||Feb 3, 2020 3:17pm or when space runs out.|
|Age Limit||18 and up|
The Clinical Operation Intern will assist the current Clinical Operation VISTA with daily tasks as well as understanding the electronic health records (EHR). The Clinical Operations Intern will be involved in all capacities of the Clinic including but not limited to watching videos and reading documents that will aide in the understanding of the EHR, creating and formulating EHR training materials for staff, attending EHR Workshops or Training Days, formulating special projects to boost the capacity of the clinic and working with Clinic Leadership as well as the Clinical Operations VISTA to help ‘go paperless’. As the country and state face healthcare uncertainties, vulnerable Rhode Islanders will depend on the Clinic (and its ability to give services) for access to health care more than ever. The Clinical Operations Intern will play a vital role in supporting clinic operations and will be responsible for ensuring that there are paperless systems in place so that the patients can receive the attention they need.
Specifically, this position will have the opportunity to contribute to the Clinic by practicing the following skills:
● Assist with developing & implementing structural/technical goals to better the efficiency of the Clinic’s EHR
● Assist in the creation of training manuals for the EHR
● Gain proficiency in managing/training over three hundred clinical and administrative volunteers
● Gain proficiency in utilizing a EHR that is a titan in the world of electronic health records, which is a fully translatable skill for future medical professionals
● Ensure smooth and effective communication between patients, providers, and staff
● Gain the knowledge to make an organization completely paperless
● Leadership and willingness to take charge
● Visible interest or experience in nonprofit work and/or healthcare administration
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Detail-oriented, dedicated, able to multitask and work independently, and able to work under a deadline
● Creative problem solving
● Ability to maintain focus on large scale, long term projects
HOURS: The Clinic is open Monday & Wednesday 9am – 5pm; Tuesday & Thursday 9am – 9pm; and Friday 8am – 12pm.
COMMITTMENT: MINIMUM 10 hours a week when the clinic is open.
|Causes||Health Poverty & Basic Needs|