This has ended. Click Here to see more upcoming events from The Swearer Center!
Location: 25 George Street, Swearer Center, Basement Conference Room
Lunch will be provided with vegan and gluten free options.
Representatives from both the Office of Financial Aid/Student Employment and the Swearer Center will be available at the Info Session to answer any questions.
Find more information here.
Through Community Works, students are placed with non-profit organizations based in the greater Providence area and are part of a structured and supportive cohort that builds skills and competencies for community engagement. The goals of Community Works are to:
* Provide a valuable work experience that, when coupled with training, can contribute to the educational experience of students and encourage them to make connections between their academic and career aspirations.
* Provide a means for students who are eligible for off campus work study to earn money over the summer.
* Create a learning community of students engaged in thinking about the nature of nonprofit work, the dynamics of community change, connections and overlaps between academic and community work, and active citizenship.
* Enhance the capacity of nonprofit community organizations to use student positions effectively.
* Strengthen partnerships between the Swearer Center and community organizations and expand Brown’s support of community organizations and the City of Providence.