These two weeks have been focused on surveying students in the after-school, still reaching out about attendance from Roger Williams and Highlander, getting the AmeriCorps team prepped to doing in-school observations and surveys, and designing social media posts for a state-wide fundraising event on Tuesday, June 5th. Much has been going on, but it luckily doesn't make it boring!
This week, I was able to get started on open enrollment surveys and handing out surveys for AmeriCorps members to conduct with their students in schools. This week was a challenge to get some projects finished, but I was able to organize some meetings to move some tasks further. Next week, I'll have a few meetings in regards to marketing things that I'm assigned to and hopefully completing student surveys for the after-school program.
Got summer registration materials together for new families' registration day. There was a lot of revising and ensuring the registration forms were current and working, but it went smoothly. In addition, I began interviewing students for qualitative feedback and show of progress. Still more to interview but it was a good start.
This week, I was able to contact college faculty and post some job openings on college websites. I also formulated the qualitative interview for the youth, had a meeting about it, and chose who will be interviewed. A challenge this week was getting in contact with PPSD reps about getting attendance for our AmeriCorps grant. Hopefully, next week, I can iron out the notes that I received about the qualitative interview and get some response from the PPSD reps.
This week, I completed our marketing calendar for the next couple months. Additionally, I created the student survey list and began completing some research about qualitative interviews that I will conduct next month. This next week, I will need to finish up the research along with chugging out social media graphics for upcoming events and reaching out about attendance records.
Over the past few weeks, I have been entering in data from our Winter session. That included our average daily attendance, student surveys, and teacher observations. In addition, with the Spring session approaching, I archived the Winter classes in ClassDojo and added the ones for the upcoming session.
A success that I had this week was getting some responses back about attendance, including actually getting a document from Del Sesto with the requested attendance. One challenge that I had this week was mainly a personal one by getting through the numbers. Looking at screens for an extended amount of time, just gets the best of me, so I get tired a lot easier because of the straining. I did not get my daily attendance updated, but I started the process, so next week, I hope to finish that before I leave for the weekend.